Orlando Bound

I'm here in Orlando, Fl. Sure as I know anything, I know this: I aim to misbehave.

Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Getting Things Done

As I approach my eventual move date (Which looks like early October; but that depends on a few outside factors) it's time to turn on my super organizing skills. Like all things in my life I try to live by the rule "All things in moderation, including moderation." To me that means when I have to turn on the jets, I do. I prefer to organize and delegate ahead of time so you never get to crunch time, but that's not always practical.

Two this end, The Shift program has been very helpful to me. Both in terms of knowing what the true goal of any project is and of focusing on how to get their on the path that does the most good. (ie, you may be able to get their faster, but faster is not always better.)

This book "Getting Things Done" looks promising and I plan to get my hands on it. Merlin already has and goes into some detail on his blog (with lots of links and goodies).