Orlando Bound

I'm here in Orlando, Fl. Sure as I know anything, I know this: I aim to misbehave.

Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Harlem Boys Choir faces eviction

In grade school and middle school I was involved in the Portland Area Boys Choir. It was a wonderful program that allowed me to grow as a child and be exposed to lots of new ideas while learning the pressues of public performances. I owe the various choir directors in my life a debt of gratitude.

Still, I had a fairly well-off middle class upbringing, so I can only imagine how helpful belonging to the Boys Choir of Harlem has been to its members. Unfortunately the organization had accounting and financial problems that is has never quite recovered from and now faces eviction from its host public school.

I wish them luck.